The Ziro Music Festival is a one-of-a-kind event held in the scenic town of Ziro in Arunachal Pradesh, India. It showcases a vibrant fusion of music, art, and nature, attracting music enthusiasts, artists, and travelers from around the world. Here’s everything you need to know about the Ziro Music Festival:
About Ziro Music Festival
- Dates and Venue:
- The Ziro Music Festival usually takes place in September, offering a pleasant climate and breathtaking views of the Ziro Valley.
- The festival is held at the picturesque outdoor venue of Ziro Valley, surrounded by lush green hills and paddy fields, creating a magical setting for the performances.
- Music and Performances:
- The festival features a diverse lineup of both national and international artists, encompassing various genres like folk, rock, indie, electronic, and more.
- Experience soul-stirring performances by renowned musicians and discover emerging talent from the region, making it a melting pot of musical creativity.
- Apart from live music, the festival also showcases art installations, workshops, and interactive sessions, providing a holistic experience for attendees.
- Cultural Immersion:
- The Ziro Music Festival is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the local Apatani culture.
- Engage with the local community, interact with artisans, and explore the traditional handicrafts and textiles during your visit to the festival.
- Camping and Accommodation:
- The festival offers camping facilities for attendees who want to stay close to the venue and fully embrace the festival spirit. You can bring your own camping gear or rent tents on-site.
- Alternatively, you can choose from a range of accommodation options in Ziro, including hotels, guesthouses, and homestays. Booking in advance is recommended due to the festival’s popularity.
- Food and Local Cuisine:
- The festival boasts a wide variety of food stalls and vendors, offering a delectable range of cuisines, from local delicacies to international flavors.
- Don’t miss the chance to sample authentic Apatani cuisine, which includes dishes like Pika Pila (fermented soybean), Bamboo Shoot Curry, and Apong (local rice beer).
How to Reach Ziro:
|Mode of Transport
|Time Taken (Approx.)
|1 hour 30 minutes (flight)
|Direct flights available to Lilabari Airport, followed by a 3-4 hour road journey to Ziro
|30-45 minutes (flight)
|Direct flights available to Dibrugarh Airport, followed by a 4-5 hour road journey to Ziro
|Guwahati Railway Station
|Guwahati to Naharlagun by train, followed by a 3-4 hour road journey to Ziro
|Naharlagun Railway Station
|Direct trains available to Naharlagun, followed by a 3-4 hour road journey to Ziro
|NH27 and NH15 via Banderdewa, followed by a scenic drive to Ziro
|NH15 via Yupia and Potin, followed by a scenic drive to Ziro
|NH15 via Sivasagar and Pasighat, followed by a scenic drive to Ziro
|NH15 via Bhalukpong and Bomdila, followed by a scenic drive to Ziro
Hotels to Stay Near Ziro:
- Ziro offers various accommodation options ranging from guesthouses to homestays. Some popular options include:
- Ziro Valley Resort: Located amidst lush greenery, this resort offers comfortable cottages and breathtaking views of the valley.
- Siiro Resort: Nestled in the heart of Ziro, this resort provides cozy rooms, modern amenities, and a peaceful ambiance.
- Bamboo Groove Cottage: Experience the warmth of traditional bamboo cottages while enjoying the serene surroundings.
- Homestays: Opt for a homestay experience to immerse yourself in the local culture and hospitality. It’s a great way to connect with the community.
Food to Explore in Ziro:
- Apatani Cuisine: Don’t miss the opportunity to savor traditional Apatani dishes like Pika Pila (fermented soybean), Gyapa Khazi (smoked pork), and Chura Sabji (stir-fried vegetables).
- Local Markets: Explore the local markets in Ziro where you can find fresh organic produce, indigenous herbs, and spices. Don’t forget to try the famous organic kiwis and oranges.
- Ziro Music Festival Food Stalls: During the festival, numerous food stalls offer a diverse range of cuisines, including regional specialties, street food, and international flavors. Indulge in mouthwatering delicacies while enjoying the music.
Conclusion: Ziro Music Festival is an extraordinary experience that combines the magic of music, art, and nature. By following our guide, you now know how to reach Ziro, where to stay near the festival venue, and the delightful local food you must try. Get ready for an unforgettable journey to Ziro, where music and nature harmonize to create a unique and mesmerizing atmosphere.