The Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple is one of the most sacred Hindu temples in the world. It is located on an island in the Kaveri River in the city of Srirangam, Tamil Nadu, India. The temple is dedicated to Lord Ranganatha, a reclining form of Lord Vishnu.srirangam temple timings
srirangam temple timings
The Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple is one of the largest Hindu temples in the world, and it is also one of the most popular tourist destinations in Tamil Nadu.
- 7:15 AM to 9:00 AM
- 12:00 PM to 1:15 PM
- 6:00 PM to 6:45 PM
During these periods, devotees are not allowed to enter the inner sanctum. However, they can still visit the other parts of the temple complex.
The Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple performs a variety of poojas throughout the day. Some of the most important poojas include:
- Suprabhatam: This pooja is performed at 5:30 AM every day to wake up Lord Ranganatha.
- Tirumanjanam: This pooja is performed at 7:00 AM every day to bathe Lord Ranganatha.
- Archanai: This pooja is performed throughout the day to offer various items to Lord Ranganatha, such as flowers, fruits, and sweets.
- Sayanacharana: This pooja is performed at 9:00 PM every day to put Lord Ranganatha to sleep.
Devotees can participate in any of these poojas by visiting the temple office and booking a ticket.
How to reach temple:
There are three main ways to reach Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple from Vasai-Virar: by air, by train, and by road.
By air: The nearest airport to Srirangam is Tiruchirappalli International Airport (TRZ), which is located about 12 km from the temple. There are several airlines that offer direct flights from Mumbai to Tiruchirappalli, including IndiGo, Air India, and Go First. Once you arrive at Tiruchirappalli Airport, you can take a taxi or auto-rickshaw to reach Srirangam.
By train: The nearest railway station to Srirangam is Srirangam Railway Station (SRGM), which is located about 2 km from the temple. There are several trains that run between Mumbai and Srirangam, including the Hatia Express, the Thiruvalluvar Express, and the Chennai Mail. Once you arrive at Srirangam Railway Station, you can take a taxi or auto-rickshaw to reach the temple.
By road: The distance between Vasai-Virar and Srirangam is approximately 1,370 km. It takes about 1 day and 2 hours to drive from Vasai-Virar to Srirangam via NH 48. Once you reach Srirangam, you can take a taxi or auto-rickshaw to reach the temple.
Place to explore nearby:
Here are some of the places you can explore nearby Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple:
- Rockfort Temple: This temple is located on a hilltop overlooking the Kaveri River. It is dedicated to Lord Ganesha and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Tiruchirappalli.
- Jambukeswarar Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the oldest temples in Tiruchirappalli. It is known for its unique architecture and its beautiful sculptures.
- Pundarikakshan Perumal Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is located about 5 km from Srirangam. It is known for its beautiful architecture and its serene atmosphere.
- Kallanai Dam: This dam is located about 20 km from Srirangam and is one of the oldest dams in the world. It is a popular spot for picnics and boat rides.
- Mukkombu: This village is located about 10 km from Srirangam and is known for its beautiful handloom sarees.
Visiting the Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple is a rewarding experience for devotees of Lord Vishnu from all over the world. The temple’s serene atmosphere and its rich history make it a special place to visit.