Sedona, Arizona, is a captivating destination that offers a treasure trove of experiences for families with kids. With its striking red rock formations, scenic landscapes, and an abundance of outdoor activities, Sedona is a playground for both young and old. If you’re planning a family trip to this enchanting desert town, here are 30 fantastic things to do in Sedona with kids.
Things to do in sedona with kids
1. Pink Jeep Tours: Embark on an exciting Pink Jeep Tour, exploring Sedona’s rugged terrain and iconic rock formations. Kids will love the bumpy off-road ride and the chance to learn about the region’s geology and Native American history.
2. Slide Rock State Park: Beat the Arizona heat at Slide Rock State Park, a natural waterslide formed by the flowing Oak Creek. Splash, slide, and swim in the refreshing waters, surrounded by picturesque canyon walls.
3. Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village: Stroll through Tlaquepaque, an artsy village filled with galleries, boutiques, and restaurants. Let the kids marvel at the diverse artwork and perhaps even take a creative workshop.
4. Sedona Star Gazing: Book an evening star gazing tour and introduce your kids to the wonders of the night sky. Observe planets, constellations, and distant galaxies through telescopes.
6. Red Rock State Park: Take a family-friendly hike at Red Rock State Park. Trails like the Eagle’s Nest Loop offer easy walks amidst stunning red rock formations and scenic vistas.
7. Sedona Heritage Museum: Discover Sedona’s history at the Sedona Heritage Museum, featuring exhibits on pioneer life, historic buildings, and the region’s unique heritage.
8. Chapel of the Holy Cross: Visit the iconic Chapel of the Holy Cross, perched amidst the red rocks. Its breathtaking views and spiritual ambiance make it a must-see attraction for all ages.
9. Sedona Arts Center: Enroll the kids in art classes at the Sedona Arts Center. Let their creativity flow as they experiment with various art forms.
10. Oak Creek Canyon: Enjoy a leisurely drive through Oak Creek Canyon, one of the most scenic drives in Arizona. Stop at viewpoints and have a family picnic by the creek.
11. Verde Canyon Railroad: Take a scenic train ride on the Verde Canyon Railroad, offering panoramic views of the Verde Valley and its wildlife.
12. Vortex Tours: Engage in a family-friendly vortex tour to learn about Sedona’s spiritual energy and discover special spots believed to have unique healing properties.
13. Honanki Heritage Site: Explore ancient Native American cliff dwellings at the Honanki Heritage Site. Kids will be fascinated by the history and culture of the Sinagua people.
14. Sedona Library: Visit the Sedona Public Library for a cozy reading time and participate in family-oriented events and workshops.
15. Bell Rock: Hike the Bell Rock Pathway, an easy trail leading to the base of the stunning Bell Rock formation. Don’t forget to bring a camera for memorable family photos.
16. Sedona Hummingbird Festival: If your visit coincides with the Sedona Hummingbird Festival, attend this family-friendly event to learn about these fascinating birds through workshops and birdwatching tours.
17. Sedona Community Pool: Cool off at the Sedona Community Pool, featuring a water slide and various play areas for kids.
**18. Airport Mesa: **Head to Airport Mesa for a short hike or drive to witness a breathtaking sunset over Sedona.
19. Fossil Creek: Take a trip to Fossil Creek and let the kids splash around in the crystal-clear waters of this natural swimming hole.
20. Sedona Golf Resort Putting Course: Enjoy a fun family game of mini-golf at the Sedona Golf Resort Putting Course, surrounded by scenic beauty.
21. Sedona Rock-Art Sites: Seek out ancient rock-art sites, like Palatki and Honanki, and learn about the Native American history through petroglyphs and pictographs.
22. Kid-Friendly Eateries: Savor family meals at kid-friendly restaurants like the Cowboy Club, where little ones can try some classic cowboy cuisine.
23. Crescent Moon Picnic Area: Have a relaxing family picnic at the picturesque Crescent Moon Picnic Area, with the famous Cathedral Rock as a backdrop.
**24. Sedona’s New Day Spa: **Pamper yourself and your kids with family-friendly spa treatments like foot massages and facials.
25. Oak Creek Factory Outlets: Engage in some retail therapy at the Oak Creek Factory Outlets, where you can find great deals on clothing, toys, and more.
26. Sedona Skate Park: If your kids are into skateboarding, head to the Sedona Skate Park, where they can practice their skills.
**27. Sedona Recycles: **Teach your kids the importance of environmental conservation by visiting Sedona Recycles, a recycling center with educational exhibits.
**28. Sedona Library’s Children’s Garden: **Let your little ones explore the Children’s Garden at the Sedona Library, featuring interactive play areas and a charming reading nook.
**29. Sedona Pottery: **Engage in a fun pottery-making session with the kids at one of the local art studios.
30. Sedona Stargazing Adventure: End your trip with a memorable stargazing adventure, witnessing Sedona’s dark skies and celestial wonders.
Sedona is a magical destination where families can create lasting memories through a plethora of engaging activities. From exploring the breathtaking natural landscapes to immersing in the rich cultural heritage, Sedona with kids promises a delightful adventure that the whole family will cherish forever. So pack your bags, don’t forget your sense of wonder, and embark on an unforgettable family getaway to this enchanting desert gem!