Craving a unique winter getaway? Denver, Colorado, delivers! Think twinkling city lights paired with majestic mountain views, a thriving culinary scene with a side of Rocky Mountain flavor, and an abundance of snowy adventures awaiting you. Grab your mittens; let’s discover the things to do in denver in winter charms:
Things to do in denver in winter
City Delights: Where Urban Energy Meets the Holidays
- Embrace Festive Cheer: Explore the Denver Christkindl Market, a European-style holiday market bursting with unique gifts, warm Glühwein (mulled wine), and the twinkling ambiance of the season.
- Blossoms of Light: Dazzle your senses at this captivating lights display within the Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Brews & Bites: Get a taste of Colorado’s legendary craft beer scene on a Denver brewery tour. Pair it with hearty local eats for the perfect winter warm-up.
- Museum Adventures: Beat the chill indoors at one of Denver’s must-visit museums. Consider the Denver Art Museum, Denver Museum of Nature & Science, or the Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, a unique option with historic aircraft.
- Downtown Ice Skating: Lace up your skates and glide across the Skyline Park rink with the backdrop of Denver’s cityscape – a quintessential winter treat!
Mountain Escapes: Ski, Snowshoe, and Beyond
- Shred the Slopes: World-famous ski resorts are near Denver. Breckenridge, Keystone, and Vail are excellent options, accommodating beginners to experts.
- Echo Mountain Fun: This smaller resort, the closest to Denver, is perfect for squeezing in a ski session or trying out night skiing.
- Snowy Splendor at Rocky Mountain National Park: Discover a winter wonderland by snowshoeing through serene landscapes or enjoying a scenic drive to witness the park’s snow-kissed beauty.
- Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre: The iconic open-air concert venue evokes a different kind of magic under a blanket of snow. Hike the surrounding trails or catch a winter show if your timing’s lucky.
- Soak & Steam: Take a day trip to a nearby mountain hot spring like Indian Hot Springs in Idaho Springs. Rejuvenate in the mineral-rich waters with picturesque views.
Cozy Corners and Colorado Flavors
- Savor Green Chili: No trip to Denver is complete without indulging in this regional specialty. It tops breakfast burritos, smothers fries, and warms you up in comfort-food stews.
- Discover the Pearl Street Mall: Boulder’s pedestrian-friendly gem offers winter wonderland strolls, local shops, and delicious dining options.
- Après-Ski Vibes: If you hit the slopes, enjoy classic après ski – relaxing fireside with snacks and drinks after a day of mountain adventures.
- Rocky Mountain Oysters: Feeling adventurous? This unique (and surprisingly tasty) Colorado dish is worth trying once!
- Local Markets & Boutiques: Seek unique finds and festive flair at Denver’s holiday markets or explore hip neighborhoods like RiNo (River North Art District), filled with unique stores and galleries.