Rameshwaram Temple, a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva, is located in the town of Rameshwaram in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas, or “sacred lingams of light”, and is considered to be one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Hinduism. In This bog find rameshwaram temple dress code & temple Timings
Rameshwaram temple dress code
Visitors to Rameshwaram Temple are expected to dress respectfully.
Dress Code for Men
- Men should wear clean, loose-fitting clothing that covers their shoulders and knees.
- They should avoid wearing shorts, skirts, or dresses.
- They should also avoid wearing sleeveless shirts. However, Dhoti or pajamas are more recommended.
Dress Code for Women
- Women should wear clean, loose-fitting clothing that covers their shoulders, arms, and knees.
- They should avoid wearing shorts, skirts, or dresses that are too short or too tight.
- They should also avoid wearing revealing clothing, such as tank tops or crop tops. However, sarees or Chudidars will work.
Temple Opening and Closing Times
The temple is open to visitors from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM, all days of the week . the temple is closed on Monday
How to reach
here are many ways to reach Rameshwaram Temple. Here are some of the most popular options:
- By Air: The nearest airport is located in Madurai, which is about 170 kilometers away from Rameshwaram. There are regular flights from major cities in India to Madurai. From Madurai, you can take a taxi or bus to Rameshwaram.
- By Rail: Rameshwaram has its own railway station, which is well-connected to other major cities in India. There are also direct trains from Madurai to Rameshwaram.
- By Road: Rameshwaram is well-connected by road to other major cities in India. You can take a bus or car to Rameshwaram.
- By Ferry: There is also a ferry service that connects Rameshwaram to Dhanushkodi, which is a small town located at the tip of Pamban Island.
Once you reach Rameshwaram, you can either walk or take a rickshaw to the temple. The temple is located in the heart of the town and is easily accessible.
I hope this blog helps you plan your visit to Rameshwaram Temple.