The Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is one of the twelve most sacred sites in Hinduism. It is located on the island of Mandhata in the Narmada River in Madhya Pradesh, India. Read more on omkareshwar temple timings :
The Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is a popular pilgrimage site for Hindus from all over India and the world. The temple is open year-round, and it welcomes visitors of all faiths.
Omkareshwar temple timings:
The Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is open from 5:00 AM to 9:30 PM every day. The temple performs various rituals throughout the day, including the Mangala Aarti at 5:00 AM, the midday aarti at 12:20 PM, and the evening aarti at 4:15 PM.
How to Reach:
The Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is well-connected to major cities in India by road, rail, and air.
- By road: The nearest bus stop to the temple is the Omkareshwar Bus Stand, which is located about 1 kilometer from the temple. There are regular buses to Omkareshwar from major cities in Madhya Pradesh and other states in India.
- By rail: The nearest railway station to the temple is the Omkareshwar Railway Station, which is located about 2 kilometers from the temple. There are regular trains to Omkareshwar from major cities in Madhya Pradesh and other states in India.
- By air: The nearest airport to the temple is the Indore Airport, which is located about 100 kilometers from Omkareshwar. There are regular flights to Indore from major cities in India. From Indore, you can take a taxi or bus to Omkareshwar.
Places to Explore:
- Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple: The Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is the main attraction in Omkareshwar.
- Mamleshwar Temple: The Mamleshwar Temple is another important temple in Omkareshwar.
- Siddhantnath Temple: The Siddhantnath Temple is a Jain temple dedicated to Lord Rishabhdev, the first Jain Tirthankara. The temple is located on a hilltop overlooking the Narmada River.
- Gupt Godavari: The Gupt Godavari is a sacred cave located on the banks of the Narmada River. It is believed that the Godavari River flows through this cave.
- Parikrama Path: The Parikrama Path is a sacred path that circles around the island of Mandhata.
Tips for Visiting the Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple:
- The best time to visit the Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is during the winter months (November to February), when the weather is pleasant.
- If you are planning to visit the temple during this time, it is advisable to book your accommodation in advance.
- The temple is a holy place, so it is important to dress respectfully.
- There are a number of hotels and guesthouses available in Omkareshwar.
- There are a number of restaurants available in Omkareshwar, serving both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
I hope this guide is helpful. Have a safe and enjoyable trip to the Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple!