The Mahakaleshwar Temple is one of the most popular and sacred Hindu temples located in Ujjain, a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is considered to be one of the twelve Jyotirlingas in India. The temple has a long and fascinating history that dates back to ancient times. In this blog, we will discuss the history of the Mahakaleshwar Temple, hotels in Ujjain near the temple, the nearest airport to the temple, food available near the temple, temple timings, and Aarti timings.
Mahakaleshwar temple ujjain history:
The Mahakaleshwar Temple is believed to have been built during the pre-Christian era. However, the temple was destroyed and rebuilt several times over the centuries. The present structure of the temple was built in the 18th century by the Maratha ruler Ranoji Shinde. The temple has undergone several renovations and additions since then.
Hotels in ujjain near mahakaleshwar temple:
There are several budget hotels available near the Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain. Here are some options you can consider:
- Hotel Shikhar Darshan: This hotel is located just 300 meters away from the Mahakaleshwar Temple and offers clean and comfortable rooms at an affordable price.
- Hotel Mittal Avenue: This hotel is located about 1.5 km away from the temple and offers well-equipped rooms with modern amenities at a reasonable price.
- Hotel Ashoka Palace: This hotel is located around 2 km away from the temple and offers clean and spacious rooms with basic amenities at an affordable price.
- Hotel Bholenath Palace: This hotel is located about 1.5 km away from the temple and offers comfortable rooms with basic amenities at a budget-friendly price.
- Hotel Surana Palace: This hotel is located around 2.5 km away from the temple and offers well-furnished rooms with modern amenities at an affordable price.
These are just a few options, but there are many other budget hotels available in Ujjain near the Mahakaleshwar Temple. You can check online booking websites or consult with a travel agent to find the best deals and accommodations that fit your budget and needs
Nearest Airport to Ujjain Mahakaleshwar Temple:
The nearest airport to the Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain is the Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport in Indore, which is approximately 55 km away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the temple.
Food Available near the Temple:
There are several restaurants and eateries located near the Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain that serve a variety of cuisines. Some of the popular food items include Poha, Jalebi, Samosa, and Kachori. There are also several vegetarian restaurants that serve traditional Indian cuisine.
The Mahakaleshwar Temple is open for devotees every day from 4:00 am to 11:00 pm. The Bhasma Aarti, which is considered to be the most important ritual of the temple, is performed daily at 4:00 am. The other Aarti timings are as follows:
Morning Aarti: 7:00 am to 7:30 am
Mid-Day Aarti: 10:00 am to 10:30 am
Evening Aarti: 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Night Aarti: 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm
The temple is open for darshan throughout the day, except during the Aarti timings.
In conclusion, the Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain is a must-visit for all devotees of Lord Shiva. With its rich history, beautiful architecture, and spiritual significance, it is one of the most revered temples in India. Visitors can choose from a variety of hotels and accommodations near the temple, enjoy delicious food, and witness the divine Aarti rituals at different timings.