Embarking on a spiritual journey through the scenic landscapes of Uttarakhand, the route from Kedarnath to Badrinath holds immense significance for pilgrims and nature enthusiasts alike. With breathtaking views, ancient temples, and a divine aura, this journey promises an unforgettable experience. In this blog, we will delve into the distance between Kedarnath and Badrinath, providing insights into the route and attractions along the way.
Best time to visit kedarnath
The best time to visit Kedarnath, a Hindu temple located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand, is from May to June and from September to November. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and the skies are clear, making it ideal for trekking and sightseeing.
The temple remains open from the end of April or early May until early November, but the monsoon season between July and August can cause landslides and flooding in the region, making it difficult to access the temple. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid visiting during these months.
kedarnath to badrinath distance
The distance from Kedarnath to Badrinath is approximately 219 kilometers. The journey takes you through the majestic beauty of the Garhwal Himalayas, offering panoramic vistas of snow-capped peaks, lush green valleys, and gushing rivers. The route generally follows the National Highway 109, passing through picturesque towns and villages.
To travel from Kedarnath to Badrinath, follow these recommended steps:
- Trek from Kedarnath to Gaurikund: Begin your journey by trekking from Kedarnath to Gaurikund, which is the base camp for the popular Kedarnath Yatra. The trek distance is approximately 16 kilometers and takes around 6-8 hours to complete. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Himalayas and the flowing Mandakini River along the way.
- Hire a Shared Jeep or Taxi: At Gaurikund, you will find shared jeeps or taxis that operate on a regular basis to take pilgrims to Badrinath. These vehicles are a convenient option and save you the effort of arranging private transportation. The drive from Gaurikund to Badrinath takes around 7-8 hours, covering a distance of approximately 217 kilometers.
- Enjoy the Scenic Drive: As you travel from Gaurikund to Badrinath, prepare to be mesmerized by the captivating landscapes of the Garhwal region. The route passes through picturesque towns, dense forests, cascading waterfalls, and winding mountain roads. Keep your camera handy to capture the breathtaking views.
- Explore the Attractions en Route: Along the journey, you’ll come across attractions such as Chopta, Joshimath, Auli, Vishnuprayag, and Mana Village. Consider making stops at these places to soak in the beauty and spirituality they offer. Take your time to visit temples, indulge in local cuisine, and interact with the locals to enrich your experience.
- Arrive at Badrinath: After a scenic drive, you will reach Badrinath, one of the holiest Hindu pilgrimage sites in India. Take a holy dip in the Tapt Kund before proceeding for darshan (worship) at the temple.
More Information on kedarnath click here
PLACE TO VISIT NEAR BY KEDARNATH
Kedarnath is located in the beautiful state of Uttarakhand in India and is surrounded by stunning natural beauty. There are several other places to visit near Kedarnath that offer a unique and unforgettable experience. Here are some of the top places to visit near Kedarnath:
- Chopta: Chopta is a beautiful hill station located about 36 km from Kedarnath. It is known for its beautiful meadows, forests, and stunning views of the Himalayas. Chopta is a popular destination for trekking and camping and is also known as the “Mini Switzerland” of Uttarakhand.
- Guptkashi: Guptkashi is a small town located about 47 km from Kedarnath. It is known for its ancient temples and is a popular destination for religious tourists. The town is also located on the banks of the Mandakini River, which adds to its natural beauty.
- Tungnath: Tungnath is a famous temple located about 29 km from Kedarnath. It is one of the highest Shiva temples in the world and is surrounded by beautiful mountains and forests. The trek to Tungnath is a challenging one but offers stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Rudraprayag: Rudraprayag is a small town located about 74 km from Kedarnath. It is located at the confluence of the Alaknanda and Mandakini rivers and is known for its ancient temples and natural beauty. Rudraprayag is also a popular destination for adventure sports such as rafting and trekking.
You may also like:Explore Dubai-Burj Khalifa ,Dubai mall
TEMPERATURE IN KEDARNATH
The temperature in Kedarnath varies throughout the year, depending on the season. Kedarnath is a high-altitude destination located in the Himalayas and experiences extreme weather conditions. Here’s a breakdown of the temperature in Kedarnath throughout the year:
Summer (April to June): During the summer season, the temperature in Kedarnath ranges from 5°C to 18°C. The weather is pleasant during this time, making it the perfect time to visit the shrine. However, the weather can be unpredictable, and occasional rainfall is common.
Monsoon (July to September): The monsoon season brings heavy rainfall to Kedarnath, and the temperature ranges from 3°C to 15°C. The region is prone to landslides and flash floods during this time, so it’s not advisable to visit Kedarnath during the monsoon season.
Winter (October to March): The winter season in Kedarnath is extremely cold, with the temperature ranging from -10°C to 5°C. The region receives heavy snowfall during this time, and the shrine is closed to visitors. The winter season is not recommended for tourists unless they are looking for adventure activities like skiing.
nearest railway station to kedarnath:
The nearest railway station to Kedarnath is Rishikesh Railway Station. It is located approximately 216 kilometers away from Kedarnath. From Rishikesh, you can take a taxi or a shared jeep to reach Gaurikund, which serves as the base camp for the Kedarnath Yatra. The road journey from Rishikesh to Gaurikund takes around 7-8 hours, depending on the traffic and road conditions. It is advisable to book your transportation in advance and check for any updates or changes in the route due to weather conditions or other factors.
Distance from Delhi to Kedarnath:
The distance between Delhi and Kedarnath is approximately 423 kilometers. The road journey takes approximately 11-12 hours, depending on the traffic and road conditions. The route passes through enchanting towns, picturesque landscapes, and winding mountain roads, offering breathtaking views throughout the journey.
Modes of Transportation:
- By Road:
- Self-Drive: Many travelers prefer to embark on a road trip from Delhi to Kedarnath. The route takes you through the towns of Haridwar, Rishikesh, and Rudraprayag before reaching Gaurikund, the base for the Kedarnath trek.
- Taxi/Car Rental: Taxis and car rental services are available in Delhi, providing a convenient and comfortable option for those who prefer not to drive themselves.
- State Transport Buses: Uttarakhand State Transport buses operate regular services from Delhi to various towns near Kedarnath, such as Rishikesh and Rudraprayag. From there, you can hire local taxis or shared jeeps to reach Gaurikund.
- By Train:
- The nearest railway station to Kedarnath is Rishikesh. Several trains connect Delhi to Rishikesh, making it a convenient option for those who prefer rail travel. From Rishikesh, you can continue your journey to Kedarnath by road.
- By Air:
- The nearest airport to Kedarnath is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun. Regular flights connect Delhi to Dehradun, and from the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a shared cab to reach Gaurikund.
Rishikesh to Kedarnath Distance :
The distance from Rishikesh to Kedarnath is approximately 109 kilo\situated at an altitude of 3,583 meters (11,755 feet) amidst the breathtaking Himalayan peaks. While the distance may seem short, the journey holds great significance and offers moments of self-reflection and connection with the divine.
Routes and Modes of Transportation There are primarily two routes to reach Kedarnath from Rishikesh, each offering a unique experience. Let’s explore them:
- Route via Rudraprayag: This route takes you through the scenic town of Rudraprayag, situated at the confluence of the rivers Alaknanda and Mandakini. From Rishikesh, travel to Rudraprayag by road, covering approximately 142 kilometers (88 miles). Then, proceed towards Gaurikund, the base camp for the Kedarnath trek, which is around 75 kilometers (47 miles) away. The total distance from Rishikesh to Kedarnath via Rudraprayag is approximately 217 kilometers (135 miles).
- Route via Sonprayag: This route involves traveling through the picturesque town of Sonprayag. From Rishikesh, embark on a road journey of around 112 kilometers (70 miles) to reach Sonprayag. From Sonprayag, continue the trek to Kedarnath, which is approximately 19 kilometers (12 miles) long. The total distance from Rishikesh to Kedarnath via Sonprayag is approximately 131 kilometers (81 miles).
Haridwar to kedarnath distance
- Distance between Haridwar and Kedarnath: The distance between Haridwar and Kedarnath is approximately 125 kilometers (78 miles). However, it is essential to note that the journey to Kedarnath involves multiple modes of transportation, including road and trekking.
- Road Journey from Haridwar to Gaurikund: To begin your journey, you can take a road trip from Haridwar to Gaurikund, the starting point of the trek to Kedarnath. The distance between Haridwar and Gaurikund is around 213 kilometers (132 miles) and can be covered by bus, shared taxi, or private vehicle. The road journey offers scenic views of the mountains, rivers, and charming villages along the way.
- Trekking from Gaurikund to Kedarnath: Once you reach Gaurikund, the actual trek to Kedarnath commences. The trekking distance from Gaurikund to Kedarnath is approximately 16 kilometers (10 miles). The trek is a steep ascent, passing through picturesque landscapes, dense forests, and gushing waterfalls. It requires physical fitness and endurance but offers a soul-stirring experience amidst the tranquil surroundings.
- Helicopter Services: For those seeking a quicker and more convenient way to reach Kedarnath, helicopter services are available from Phata, which is approximately 45 kilometers (28 miles) from Gaurikund. The helicopter ride offers panoramic views of the majestic Himalayas and significantly reduces the travel time.
Gangotri to Kedarnath Distance:
The distance from Gangotri to Kedarnath is approximately 320 kilometers. The route from Gangotri to Kedarnath involves traveling through the scenic mountains of Uttarakhand. Here are the general directions for the journey:
- Gangotri to Uttarkashi: From Gangotri, you need to travel around 100 kilometers to reach Uttarkashi. This route takes you through picturesque landscapes and offers beautiful views of the Himalayan ranges.
- Uttarkashi to Guptkashi: From Uttarkashi, you will need to continue your journey towards Guptkashi, which is approximately 165 kilometers away. This stretch of the journey passes through towns and villages, with the majestic mountains accompanying you throughout.
- Guptkashi to Kedarnath: The final leg of the journey involves traveling from Guptkashi to Kedarnath, which is around 55 kilometers. This stretch is particularly known for its scenic beauty and spiritual significance. From Guptkashi, you can hire local jeeps or take shared taxis to reach Kedarnath.