Nestled in the heart of nature, Kalu Waterfall is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. Located in the serene surroundings of this enchanting waterfall offers a breathtaking experience for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts alike. With its cascading waters, lush green surroundings, and serene ambiance, Kalu Waterfall is a perfect destination to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature. In this blog, we will take you on a virtual journey to explore the wonders of Kalu Waterfall, including its address and how to reach this natural paradise.
The Magnificent Kalu Waterfall:
Kalu Waterfall is a natural marvel, known for its sheer beauty and mesmerizing cascades. It is formed by the gushing waters of the . The waterfall drops from a considerable height, creating a spectacular sight as the water plunges into the pool below. The surrounding rocks and dense foliage add to its charm, making it a picturesque spot for photography and relaxation.
How to reach :
Kalu Waterfall in Malshej Ghat by public transport from Mumbai
The nearest railway station for Kalu waterfall will be Kalyan Station which is convenient.
Top View of Kalu Waterfall
Board any bus from Kalyan heading towards Nagar/Nashik and get down at Khubi Phata and then walk towards Khireshwar.
Bottom View of Kalu waterfall
Board any bus from Kalyan heading towards Nagar/Nashik and get down at Savarne(Mtdc Malshej Ghat) and then walk towards Thitbi.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Kalu Waterfall is during the . During this time, the water flow is at its peak, enhancing the grandeur of the waterfall. The weather is pleasant, and the surrounding foliage is lush and vibrant. However, it is always recommended to check the weather conditions and confirm the accessibility of the waterfall before planning your visit.
Cost for Trek
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1799/- per person.
Things to Do and See:
Apart from marveling at the captivating waterfall, there are several activities and attractions to explore in the vicinity. Some popular options include:
- Nature Walks: Take a leisurely stroll around the waterfall area, soaking in the tranquility of the surroundings. The lush greenery, chirping birds, and fresh air create a serene ambiance, perfect for rejuvenation.
- Photography: Capture the beauty of Kalu Waterfall through your lens. The stunning cascades, misty surroundings, and colorful flora provide ample opportunities for stunning photographs.
- Picnicking: Pack a picnic basket and enjoy a delightful meal amidst nature’s embrace. There are designated picnic spots near the waterfall where you can relax and savor your favorite snacks while immersing yourself in the serene atmosphere.
Also read:Tamhini Ghat (Pune)
While visiting Kalu Waterfall, it is essential to prioritize safety. Here are some tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience:
- Follow designated pathways and avoid venturing into restricted or dangerous areas.
- Wear appropriate footwear with a good grip to navigate slippery surfaces.
- Avoid swimming in the waterfall pool unless it is deemed safe and permitted.
- Carry necessary essentials such as sunscreen, insect repellent, and drinking water.
- Respect the natural surroundings and do not litter. Leave only footprints behind.
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Its mesmerizing beauty and tranquil ambiance, is a nature lover’s paradise. Located in the serene surroundings of this hidden gem offers a perfect retreat from the chaos of city life. Plan your visit to Kalu Waterfall, explore its magnificence, and create memories that will last a lifetime.