Nestled in the lush landscapes of Kanakapura, Karnataka, the Kabbalamma Temple stands as a symbol of devotion and natural beauty. This lesser-known gem offers a unique blend of spiritual significance and scenic allure, making it a must-visit destination for both devotees and nature enthusiasts.
kabbalamma temple kanakapura
A Glimpse of Divinity: Kabbalamma Temple is dedicated to Goddess Kabbalamma, believed to be an incarnation of Goddess Parvati. Devotees flock to this temple to seek blessings, offer prayers, and find solace in the presence of the divine mother.
Tranquil Surroundings: What sets Kabbalamma Temple apart is its enchanting location amidst the verdant hills and serene environment of Kanakapura. As you approach the temple, the sights and sounds of nature welcome you, creating a peaceful ambiance that complements the spiritual aura.
Architecture and Serenity: While the temple’s architecture is relatively simple, its serene surroundings and tranquil ambiance create an atmosphere of introspection and inner peace. The melodious chants and ringing bells reverberate through the air, further enhancing the spiritual experience.
How to reach:
Reaching Kabbalamma Temple in Kanakapura is a relatively straightforward process, thanks to its well-connected location. Here are the different modes of transportation you can use to reach the temple:
- Kanakapura is well-connected by road and is approximately 65 kilometers away from Bangalore.
- You can drive to the temple using your own vehicle or rent a car. The route is scenic, passing through the countryside and offering beautiful views along the way.
- Public buses operate between Bangalore and Kanakapura, making it a budget-friendly option for reaching the temple.
- Look for buses that have Kanakapura as their destination or inquire at the local bus station in Bangalore for the available routes.
By Taxi or Ride-Sharing Apps:
- Taxis and ride-sharing apps are readily available in Bangalore and offer a convenient and comfortable way to reach the temple.
- You can book a taxi or use a ride-sharing app to travel directly to Kabbalamma Temple.
- Once you reach Kanakapura, you can use auto-rickshaws or cycle rickshaws to reach the temple.
|6:00 AM – 12:30 PM
|12:30 PM – 4:00 PM
|4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Place to visit nearby:
Here are some places to consider visiting:
- Chunchi Falls: Around 16 kilometers from the temple, Chunchi Falls is a picturesque waterfall nestled in the midst of lush greenery. It’s an ideal spot for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
- Sangama and Mekedatu: These are popular spots where the Arkavati River joins the Kaveri River. The scenic beauty of the confluence and the rocky terrain of Mekedatu make for a wonderful experience. It’s about a 30-40 minute drive from the temple.
- Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta: This hill is known for its panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. A trek to the top offers a rewarding experience, especially during sunrise or sunset.
- Kanakapura Organic Farm: If you’re interested in sustainable agriculture and organic farming, this farm offers tours and workshops to educate visitors about eco-friendly practices.
- Doddamakali Nature Camp: For those looking for a serene getaway, this nature camp on the banks of the Kaveri River offers a chance to relax, indulge in bird-watching, and enjoy the tranquility.
- Mekedatu Dam: The name “Mekedatu” translates to “goat’s leap” in Kannada, referring to the narrow gorge through which the Kaveri River flows.
- Bheemeshwari: Situated around 30 kilometers from Kanakapura, Bheemeshwari is a nature and adventure destination known for its fishing camps, trekking trails, and abundant wildlife.
- Arkavathy River: Flowing nearby, the Arkavathy River offers a picturesque setting for picnics and leisurely walks.