Jhandewalan Mandir is one of the most famous Hindu temples in Delhi, India. It is dedicated to the goddess Hanuman, who is a Hindu deity known for his strength, courage, and devotion to Lord Rama. The temple is located in the heart of Karol Bagh, a bustling commercial district in Delhi.read more on jhandewalan mandir timings:
Jhandewalan Mandir Timings
The temple is open from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM every day. There are five aartis (prayer services) held at the temple every day. The timings of the aartis are as follows:
- 5:30 AM: Mangal Aarti
- 6:00 AM: Shringaar Aarti
- 12:00 PM: Bhog Aarti
- 7:30 PM: Sandhya Aarti
- 9:30 PM: Night Aarti
The temple is particularly crowded on Tuesdays, which are considered to be Hanuman’s day. It is also crowded during Navratri, a Hindu festival that is celebrated twice a year.
How to reach
Jhandewalan Mandir is located in the heart of Karol Bagh, a bustling commercial district in Delhi. It is easily accessible by car, bus, metro, and auto rickshaw.
- The nearest metro station to Jhandewalan Mandir is Karol Bagh Metro Station.
- From the metro station, it is a 10-minute walk to the temple.
- The temple is also easily accessible by car. Take the Ring Road to the Pusa Road exit, then turn left onto Pusa Road. The temple is located on the right side of the road after about 1 kilometer.
- There are several bus services that stop near Jhandewalan Mandir. The nearest bus stop is on the Ring Road, just opposite the temple.
- The following bus numbers stop near Jhandewalan Mandir: 577, 583, 516, 410, 802, 509, 522, 540, 824, 850, and 851.
- The nearest metro station to Jhandewalan Mandir is Karol Bagh Metro Station. The temple is a 10-minute walk from the metro station.
- Take the Yellow Line to Karol Bagh Metro Station. From the metro station, take Exit 1 and walk towards the temple.
By auto rickshaw:
- Auto rickshaws are a convenient way to travel to Jhandewalan Mandir from most parts of Delhi.
- The auto rickshaw fare from Karol Bagh Metro Station to the temple is around Rs. 100.
What to wear when visiting Jhandewalan Mandir
It is considered respectful to wear modest clothing when visiting a Hindu temple. Men should avoid wearing shorts and sleeveless shirts. Women should avoid wearing revealing clothing
What to do at Jhandewalan Mandir
Most people visit Jhandewalan Mandir to pray and offer their respects to Hanuman. You can also light a diya (oil lamp) or take a parikrama (walk around the temple) for good luck.
Jhandewalan Mandir is a beautiful and spiritual place. If you are ever in Delhi, be sure to visit this amazing temple.
Here are some additional tips for visiting Jhandewalan Mandir:
- Be respectful of the temple and its traditions.
- Remove your shoes before entering the temple.
- Do not talk loudly or take photos inside the temple.