Nestled in the picturesque landscapes of Uttarakhand, Haldwani and Nainital are two captivating destinations that offer a perfect blend of natural beauty and serene surroundings. If you’re planning a trip from Haldwani to Nainital, get ready to embark on a scenic journey that takes you through lush forests, winding roads, and breathtaking views. Here’s everything you need to know about the distance, routes, and attractions along the way.
haldwani to nainital distance:
The distance between Haldwani and Nainital is approximately 35 kilometers (22 miles) by road. This relatively short distance allows for a convenient and enjoyable day trip or a weekend getaway.
Traveling from Haldwani to Nainital: There are various modes of transportation available to reach Nainital from Haldwani:
- By Road: The most common and convenient way to travel from Haldwani to Nainital is by road. The journey takes around 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on the traffic and road conditions. Taxis, cabs, and local buses are readily available for hire, providing a comfortable and hassle-free ride to Nainital.
- By Train: Haldwani has a well-connected railway station that offers train services from major cities across India. Travelers can board a train to Haldwani and then proceed to Nainital by road, which is a short distance away.
Attractions Along haldwani to nainital distance :
As you make your way from Haldwani to Nainital, several attractions and scenic spots dot the route, allowing you to make the most of your journey:
- G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo: Located in Nainital, this renowned zoo is home to various Himalayan species, including snow leopards, Tibetan wolves, and Himalayan black bears. It’s a must-visit for wildlife enthusiasts.
- Khurpatal Lake: Situated on the outskirts of Nainital, Khurpatal Lake offers a tranquil setting amidst lush greenery. Enjoy boating or simply soak in the serene ambiance of this pristine lake.
- Naini Lake: As you reach Nainital, don’t miss the iconic Naini Lake, which is the centerpiece of the town. Take a boat ride, stroll along the promenade, and soak in the breathtaking views of the surrounding hills.
- Naina Devi Temple: Pay a visit to the revered Naina Devi Temple, located on the northern shore of Naini Lake. This ancient temple is dedicated to Goddess Naina Devi and holds significant religious importance.
- Tiffin Top: Explore Tiffin Top, also known as Dorothy’s Seat, which offers panoramic views of the Himalayas and Nainital town. It’s a perfect spot for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
- Mall Road: Take a leisurely walk along Mall Road, the bustling heart of Nainital. Enjoy shopping for local handicrafts, sample delicious street food, and experience the vibrant atmosphere of the town.
During your visit from Haldwani to Nainital, make sure to tantalize your taste buds with the local cuisine and delicious food offerings. Here are some must-try food items:
- During your visit from Haldwani to Nainital, make sure to tantalize your taste buds with the local cuisine and delicious food offerings. Here are some must-try food items:
- Bal Mithai: Indulge in the famous sweet treat of Nainital, Bal Mithai. This delightful confection features khoya (reduced milk) coated with chocolate and sprinkled with sugar balls, creating a unique and rich flavor.
- Ras Bhaat: Experience the flavors of Kumaoni cuisine with Ras Bhaat, a traditional dish of boiled rice served with a flavorful curry made from a blend of lentils, yogurt, and spices. This wholesome and comforting meal showcases the regional culinary heritage.
- Aloo ke Gutke: Savor the flavors of Aloo ke Gutke, a popular local dish consisting of boiled potatoes sautéed in mustard oil, cumin seeds, and a blend of aromatic spices.
- Kumaoni Raita: Refresh your palate with Kumaoni Raita, a cooling yogurt-based side dish made with grated cucumber, mint, and spices. This accompaniment perfectly complements the flavors of the main course.
- Bhatt ki Churkani: Delight in the tangy and spicy flavors of Bhatt ki Churkani, a traditional dish prepared with black beans (bhatt) cooked in a flavorsome gravy. Pair it with rice or roti for a satisfying meal.
- Pahadi Chicken: Non-vegetarian food lovers should not miss Pahadi Chicken, a flavorsome dish made with marinated chicken cooked in a blend of spices and herbs. This dish showcases the bold and aromatic flavors of the region.
- Pahadi Kebabs: Indulge in the succulent Pahadi Kebabs, made with marinated chunks of meat, typically mutton or chicken, infused with aromatic spices and grilled to perfection.
- The Naini Retreat: A luxury hotel offering a blend of colonial architecture and modern amenities, with stunning views of Naini Lake.
- The Manu Maharani: A luxurious property nestled amidst lush greenery, featuring well-appointed rooms, a spa, and multiple dining options.
- Hotel Himalaya: A mid-range hotel located near Mall Road, offering comfortable rooms and a convenient location for exploring the town.
- Hotel Arif Castles: Situated near the High Court, this hotel provides comfortable rooms, a rooftop restaurant, and panoramic lake views.
- Hotel Happy Home: A budget-friendly option located close to the bus stand, offering affordable rooms and basic amenities.
- Hotel Krishna: A budget hotel situated near Mall Road, providing comfortable accommodation at reasonable rates.
- The Pavilion: A boutique hotel offering a charming ambiance, comfortable rooms, and a rooftop restaurant with panoramic views.
- The Royal Court: A luxury hotel featuring elegant rooms, a multi-cuisine restaurant, and a range of recreational facilities.
- Sterling Nainital: A resort-style property offering spacious rooms, a swimming pool, and beautiful views of the surrounding hills.
- Shervani Hilltop Resort: A tranquil retreat nestled amidst oak trees, featuring well-appointed rooms, a restaurant, and a serene atmosphere.