Nestled in the heart of Tamil Nadu, the Gangaikonda Cholapuram Temple stands as a timeless testament to the artistic and architectural brilliance of India’s glorious past. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this temple not only enchants visitors with its exquisite craftsmanship but also offers a spiritual sanctuary where devotees can connect with the divine. In this blog, we’ll unravel the enchanting world of Gangaikonda Cholapuram Temple and explore its timings, inviting you to embark on a journey that transcends time.
A Glimpse into the Past:
Before delving into the temple timings, let’s take a moment to appreciate the historical significance of Gangaikonda Cholapuram. Built by the great Chola Emperor Rajendra I during the 11th century, this temple was constructed to commemorate his triumphant expedition to the Ganges River. The temple’s name itself translates to “The town of the Chola who conquered the Ganges.”
Gangaikonda cholapuram temple timings
- Morning: 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Evening: 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
How to reach:
Gangaikondacholapuram is located in the Ariyalur district of Tamil Nadu, India. It is about 350 kilometers from Chennai and 130 kilometers from Trichy.
There are a few ways to reach Gangaikondacholapuram:
- By bus: There are direct buses from Chennai and Trichy to Gangaikondacholapuram. The bus journey takes about 5 hours from Chennai and 3 hours from Trichy.
Bus from Chennai to Gangaikondacholapuram By train: There is a railway station in Gangaikondacholapuram. The nearest major railway station is located in Ariyalur, which is about 15 kilometers away.
- Railway station in Gangaikondacholapuram
- By car: Gangaikondacholapuram is well connected by road. The nearest major highway is the NH 48. NH 48
Once you reach Gangaikondacholapuram, you can take an auto rickshaw or taxi to the temple.
Here are the directions from some major cities in Tamil Nadu:
- From Chennai: Take the NH 48 towards Trichy. After about 350 kilometers, take the exit for Gangaikondacholapuram. The temple is about 5 kilometers from the exit.
- From Trichy: Take the NH 48 towards Chennai. After about 130 kilometers, take the exit for Gangaikondacholapuram. The temple is about 5 kilometers from the exit.
- From Madurai: Take the NH 45 towards Trichy. After about 100 kilometers, take the exit for Gangaikondacholapuram. The temple is about 70 kilometers from the exit.