Devkund waterfall is a hidden gem located in the Sahyadri mountain range of Maharashtra, India. devkund waterfall location is located near the village of Bhira, which is about 150 kilometers from Mumbai and 100 kilometers from Pune.
The Devkund waterfall is a natural wonder, with crystal clear water cascading down from a height of about 80 feet. The waterfall is surrounded by lush green forests and rocky terrain, which makes it a perfect destination for adventure enthusiasts.
- Height: 2,700 ft
- Trek Route: Jungle trail
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Trek Endurance: Medium
- Trek Length: 03 km Approx.
- Trek Location: Patnus, Mangaon, Raigad, Pune, Maharashtra 402308
- Trek Best Time: June to December
- Distance from Mumbai: 130 km
- Distance from Pune: 100km
- Distance from Lonavala: 83km
Devkund waterfall location
The nearest railway station to Devkund waterfall is Mangaon, which is about 30 kilometers away. From there, you can take a private taxi or local transport to reach Bhira village, which is the starting point of the trek to the waterfall.
If you are traveling from Mumbai or Pune, you can take a bus or private car to reach Bhira village. It takes about 4-5 hours to reach Bhira from Mumbai and 3-4 hours from Pune.
Book Your Trek here
Devkund waterfall trek
The trek to Devkund waterfall is a moderate one, which takes about 2-3 hours to complete. The trek starts from Bhira village and passes through dense forests, rocky terrain, and small streams.
The trail is well-marked, and you can follow the signs to reach the waterfall. The trek is not very challenging, but it can get slippery during the monsoon season, so it’s advisable to wear good trekking shoes and carry a raincoat.
Cost and other details
There is no entry fee to visit Devkund waterfall, but you may need to pay a nominal fee for parking your vehicle in the village. There are no shops or restaurants near the waterfall, so it’s advisable to carry your food and water.
If you are planning to stay overnight, there are a few guesthouses and homestays in the nearby village of Pali. The cost of accommodation varies from INR 500 to INR 2000 per night, depending on the type of accommodation you choose.
Some tips to keep in mind while visiting Devkund waterfall are:
- Carry enough water and food with you as there are no shops or restaurants near the waterfall.
- Wear comfortable trekking shoes and carry a raincoat or umbrella during the monsoon season.
- Do not litter in the forests or near the waterfall, and try to keep the place clean.
- Follow the instructions of your trek leader and do not venture into unknown areas.
In conclusion, Devkund waterfall is a beautiful and offbeat destination that is worth visiting for its natural beauty and serene surroundings. If you are planning a trip to Maharashtra, do not miss out on this hidden gem!
- What is Devkund waterfall? Devkund waterfall is a beautiful waterfall located near Bhira village in Maharashtra, India. The waterfall is surrounded by lush green forests and is known for its clear blue water.
- How to reach ? To reach , you needs to reach Bhira village first. From Bhira village, a trek of around 2-3 hours is required to reach the waterfall. The trek is not very difficult and is suitable for beginners as well.
- Is there any entry fee ? There is no entry fee to visit Devkund waterfall. However, if you are going there as a part of an organized trek or tour, there might be some charges for that.
- What is the best time to visit Devkund waterfall? The best time to visit Devkund waterfall is during the monsoon season, from July to September, when the waterfall is at its full glory. However, it is advisable to check the weather conditions before planning a visit.
- Is swimming allowed ? Yes, swimming is allowed at Devkund waterfall. The water is usually very clear and safe for swimming. However, it is advisable to be cautious while swimming and follow the instructions of the local authorities.
- Are there any accommodation options near Devkund waterfall? There are limited accommodation options near Devkund waterfall, including homestays and small guesthouses. It is advisable to book in advance during peak season to avoid any inconvenience.