Delhi, a city known for its historical monuments, bustling markets, and vibrant culture, also offers a remarkable haven for wildlife enthusiasts and families alike – the National Zoological Park, commonly known as the Delhi Zoo. With its diverse range of animals and lush greenery, the zoo promises a captivating experience for visitors of all ages. To make the most of your visit, it’s crucial to have accurate information about Delhi Zoo timing and some handy tips for a seamless exploration.
Delhi zoo timing
The Delhi Zoo operates throughout the year, except on Fridays. This gives the animals a day of rest and also allows the zoo staff to carry out maintenance and sanitation work. Here are the typical Delhi Zoo timings:
|Key Highlights of Delhi Zoo Online Tickets Booking & Price
|The subject of The Article
|Delhi Zoo Ticket Booking
|Name of the Zoo
|National Zoological Park (NZP)
|Government of Delhi
|Delhi Zoo Ticket Booking Process
|Online & Spot Booking Both
|Mathura Road New Delhi
Delhi Zoo Entrance Fees for 2023:
The Delhi Zoo presents a range of entry ticket prices for different categories of visitors. Notably, the local government and the tourism sector have collaborated to offer special concessions to schoolchildren, making it an appealing educational outing. For added convenience, the zoo management has introduced an e-cart service, allowing visitors to traverse the zoo’s vast expanse and explore all the captivating animal exhibits without missing out.
Among the myriad of fascinating creatures, the white tiger stands as a particularly enchanting highlight, drawing the attention of all who visit. Additionally, the African elephants form an irresistible attraction, especially for the younger audience. Beyond the diverse array of animals, the zoo boasts an impressive variety of avian species, a treat that bird enthusiasts greatly appreciate.
Here’s a breakdown of the updated Delhi National Zoological Park entrance ticket prices:
- Adults: ₹80 per person
- Children under 5 years: No entry fee
- Children below 12 years: ₹40 per child
- Foreigner Adults: ₹400 per head
- Foreigner Children: ₹200 per head
Tips for a Enjoyable Visit
- Arrive Early: To make the most of your visit and observe the animals when they’re most active, it’s advisable to arrive early in the day. This also helps you beat the crowds and the heat during the warmer months.
- Check Weather Conditions: Delhi’s weather can be quite unpredictable, so be sure to check the weather forecast before heading to the zoo. Dress comfortably and carry essentials like sunscreen, hats, and water bottles, especially during the hotter months.
- Plan Your Route: The Delhi Zoo is quite expansive, so planning your route can help you cover all the exhibits efficiently. Grab a map at the entrance and prioritize the animals you’re most interested in seeing.
- Respect Animal Welfare: While it’s exciting to see the animals up close, remember to maintain a respectful distance and follow the guidelines provided by the zookeepers. Refrain from teasing, feeding, or attempting to touch the animals.
- Capture Memories Responsibly: Photography is a great way to remember your visit, but ensure that flash photography is avoided, as it can disturb the animals. Respect the no-photography zones, if any.
- Engage with Educational Activities: Many zoos, including the Delhi Zoo, offer educational programs, guided tours, and informative boards near exhibits. Engage with these resources to learn more about the animals, their habitats, and conservation efforts.
- Stay Hydrated and Take Breaks: There are usually rest areas and food stalls within the zoo where you can take a break, hydrate, and recharge.
- Be Mindful of Litter: Help maintain the cleanliness of the zoo by disposing of waste properly. Use designated trash cans and avoid leaving behind any litter that could harm the animals or their environment.
The Delhi Zoo offers a fantastic opportunity to connect with wildlife and gain a deeper understanding of various species. By adhering to the delhi zoo timing, preparing for your visit, and following respectful behavior, you can ensure a memorable and enriching experience for yourself and your companions. Remember, responsible tourism contributes to the well-being of both the animals and the environment they inhabit.