Delhi, the vibrant capital city of India, is known for its rich history, bustling markets, and iconic landmarks. Amidst the urban chaos, there lies a tranquil oasis that promises to transport you to a world of vibrant colors, delicate beauty, and nature’s wonders – the Butterfly Park in Delhi. This hidden gem offers a unique opportunity to witness the mesmerizing dance of butterflies in their natural habitat. Let’s embark on a virtual journey to discover all that the Butterfly Park has to offer, including its timings and ticket prices.
Discovering the Butterfly Park:
Nestled within the heart of Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary, the Butterfly Park is a haven for nature enthusiasts, photographers, and families seeking a peaceful escape from the city’s hustle and bustle. This park is dedicated to the conservation of various butterfly species and their habitats. As you step into the park, you’ll find yourself surrounded by lush greenery, flowering plants, and a serene ambiance that instantly soothes the senses.
Vibrant Species and Biodiversity:
The Butterfly Park boasts an impressive diversity of butterfly species, making it a paradise for butterfly lovers and researchers alike. With over 35 species of butterflies fluttering around, you can witness their intricate patterns, vivid colors, and graceful flight up close. Some common species you might encounter include the Lime Butterfly, Common Mormon, Common Jezebel, and Painted Lady.
The Butterfly Park is open to visitors on all days of the week, except Mondays. The timings are as follows:
- Tuesday to Sunday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Monday: Closed
To explore this enchanting world of butterflies, you’ll need to acquire an entry ticket. The ticket prices are as follows:
- Adults: Rs. 20
- Children (below 12 years): Rs. 10
- Foreign Tourists: Rs. 100
how to reach there:
Reaching the Butterfly Park in Delhi, located within the Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary, involves a combination of public transportation and a short walk. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get there:
1. By Metro:
- Take the Delhi Metro and get off at the “Tughlakabad” metro station, which is on the Violet Line (Line 6).
2. By Auto-rickshaw or Taxi:
- From the Tughlakabad metro station, you can hire an auto-rickshaw or taxi to take you to the Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary. The sanctuary entrance is around 6-7 kilometers away from the metro station.
3. Walking to the Park Entrance:
- Once you reach the entrance of the Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary, you will need to walk a short distance to reach the Butterfly Park. Follow the signs and pathways leading to the park.
Tips for a Memorable Visit:
- Timing is Key: Plan your visit during early mornings or late afternoons for a higher chance of spotting butterflies in action.
- Camera Ready: Don’t forget to carry your camera to capture the stunning beauty of butterflies and the park’s lush surroundings.
- Comfortable Attire: Wear comfortable walking shoes and light-colored clothing. Avoid strong perfumes, as they might disturb the butterflies.
- Silence and Patience: Maintain a quiet demeanor as you explore the park. Patience is key when observing butterflies and waiting for them to land.
- Respect Nature: Ensure that you follow all park rules and guidelines, including not disturbing the butterflies or their habitats.
The Butterfly Park in Delhi offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the magical world of these delicate creatures. With its diverse butterfly species, serene ambiance, and commitment to conservation, the park is an ideal destination for both nature enthusiasts and families seeking a refreshing outing. So, mark your calendar, pack your camera, and get ready to be captivated by the breathtaking beauty of butterflies in their natural habitat.